Followers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

70's Marushka Silkscreen Bought for $5~Sold $19.99

Drop dead gorgeous 36.5 x 24.25 Marushka sunset print found at a yard sale for $5.00. I was not sure of the value of this print but I had seen a few in a consignment shop for $35-$45 a piece and they were 3 times smaller so I went with it. Sold on Ebay for $19.99. Made about a $15.00 profit.
In doing my research on Marushka silkscreens this is what I found out:
# Founded in 1970 by Richard Sweet and Victor and Mary Krawczyk.
# Based in Grand Haven, Michigan
# Initial projects included silkscreened office partitions
# Marushka’s heyday was in the early 1980s, they had five retail outlets owned by the company, including locations in Michigan and Florida.


The birch tree below I am keeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment